The software enables management of appointments across multiple organisations and sites and that can also work on top of existing or even multiple RIS/PAS systems.
There are multiple integrated workflows allowing booking appointments in any site:
- appointment center (call center) bookings
- can be extended to include secure, online patient portal
- cross-site, cross organization appointments vetting
- bookings from any source via APIs by third party systems
- integrated complaints workflow
- two way SMS messages, confirmation e-mails, e-consent forms enabling a patients to electronically fill-in required medical documentation conveniently prior to the appointment
- cancellation queue for better utilisation and scheduling
The appointment process flow has been designed in a way that is very consistent and easy to follow. Advanced built in and configurable business rules make sure that the appointment is always booked correctly and the preferred method of contact for a patient is stipulated. Even staff without extensive training or medical knowledge will be able to process all appointments without errors. The software guides the agent through the patient journey using pre-defined and configurable scripts. The business rules that can be configured by system administrators include:
- Requirement for a referral letter in advance of the appointment or on the day
- Requirement for a review by a medical professional (based on procedure type and other rules)
- Scan safety questions with assigned actions (MRI metal implants, heart valves, etc.)
- Scan preparation requirements (fasting, full bladder, etc.)
- Requirement for a defined staff member being present during the scan
- Insurance type based billing requirements
- Integrated document upload
- Insurance type based scan limitations
- Less reliance on letters for communication
- Preferred method of contact for the patient
Fast access to all information about patient and the appointment (clinical history, patient communications history, appointment audit log and notes) as well as colour coding of all important elements simplifies the booking process and allows any staff to complete it with high accuracy.
The appointments from the worklist can be verified and confirmed by multiple staff simultaneously.
If an appointment requires a review by a medical professional it can be sent to another worklist which is being accessed by relevant staff. This one can also be personalised and filtered.
The appointment centre facilitates enhanced management of cancellations. This allows the system to identify patients who have indicated their availability for any cancelled appointment slots within timescales they can make.